Abdominal exercises are not only good for your washboard, but also for the rest of your body. The abdominal muscles are the center of your strength. From there everything is controlled.
You use your abdominal muscles more often than you think. In fact, there is almost no movement where these muscles are not involved. If this muscle system is not stable, the body will compensate. As a result, another part, such as the back, is extra burdened. To prevent this, you can do abdominal exercises.
Many of these exercises are focused on the superficial muscles. But for getting a good posture and a strong center you have to train the deeper stomach muscle (muscules transversus abdominis). The accompanying exercises can help you with this.
You may have experienced in the past that abdominal exercises did not help. Several misunderstandings do the round, but these are not misunderstandings for nothing. Abdominal exercises with many rapid repetitions are not, for example, not functional and also overburden the back and neck too much. It is better to consciously withdraw the stomach and move slowly.
In addition, abdominal exercises are not the only thing that is necessary for a flat stomach. No matter how many abdominal exercises you do, the fat that many people have around their waist will not disappear. This requires an overall training and a balanced diet.
That’s how you do it
The right technique is the most important thing to train your abdominal muscles well. Here are some points to remember during the exercises:
- Do not pull your neck, put your hands behind your ears and push your elbows out.
- Keep the chin slightly retracted and about a fist width from your chest.
- Keep your body under control when you come up. Keep it quiet.
- Keep your abdominal muscles withdrawn, by imagining that you retract your belly button.
- Abdominals can best be trained every other day.
- Repeat each exercise until you feel a fatigue in the abdominal muscles.
- Have a rest before you start the next exercise.
- Do the whole series once.
- If you have built up enough strength, repeat the series one or two more times.